Do It Yourself Superannuation
Self Managed Super Funds Brisbane - SMSF Forest Lake
There are now more than 400,000 self-managed superannuation funds (SMSF's) in existence in Australia – controlling funds of approximately $350 billion.
- Superannuation fund establishment
- Compliance administration
- Pension establishment and administration
- Wide range of supplementary services for SMSF's
Superannuation legislation changes constantly and the penalties for trustees of SMSF's can be high if their Fund is deemed non-compliant. Our firm's diligence in keeping up with these changes ensures that our clients will never be in this position.
A Self Managed Superannation Fund gives you:
- greater control over how your superannuation funds are invested; and
- the ability to formulate more sophisticated tax strategies that some retail/industry/government funds don't allow.
- The expenses of running a SMSF are usually lower than the fees charged by other larger, external Funds
- Changes to superannuation regulations in recent years have resulted in SMSF's being able to borrow to purchase assets under certain circumstances, including properties.
The volatility of the stock market has made this an especially attractive option.
- All super funds offer the ability to provide tax-free income streams on retirement but SMSF's offer the greatest flexibility in the type of pension and lump sums that can be paid out.
- SMSF's are widely believed to be among the best estate-planning vehicles available. This is particularly true for inter-generational funds where the right planning can lead to huge tax benefits for later members after the original members have passed away.
- September BAS due 25/11/13 if lodged by our firm.
- Individuals only have until 31 October to lodge 2013 tax returns if they don’t see a tax agent.
- Superannuation guarantee charge now 9.25% from 1 July 2013.